Faery Delicious Lavender Syrup
Springtime is the peak season of the Fae, making it the perfect time to jump into Faery Magick. And the wonderful thing about Fae magick is that it can be incorporated into all types of practices and paths. In fact, our resident kitchen witch uses Fae magick intertwined with kitchen magick quite regularly!
Faery Magick is the practice of listening to the messages of the Good Folk and following your intuition while Kitchen Magick is the practice of setting intentions in the food and beverages that you prepare in your kitchen. So when you combine the two, you’re simply crafting intuitive magick in the kitchen to appeal to your household Fae. This can be accomplished in so many ways, whether it be baking cookies to offer to your house Fae or stirring some Fae magick into your beverage so that you can fully embody the blessings of the Good Folk.
Another way that Faery magick and kitchen magick can be intertwined is through the use of an herbal garden! Faeries LOVE plants and kitchen witches often turn to herbs and spices to compliment their magickal intentions when preparing a dish. Needless to say, having a small herb garden is a powerful way to invite Fae energy into your home and your cooking.
Today, our resident kitchen witch has put together a very simple recipe that anyone can throw together. The best part? Your household Fae will LOVE it and it is sooo versatile in the kitchen! So, if you’re wanting to mix and mingle kitchen magick and Faery magick, this recipe is for you.
What You Need:
- An airtight storage container
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of dried lavender
What To Do:
- Bring the water to a slow boil in a saucepan over the stove.
- Whisk in the sugar once the water is boiling. Continue whisking until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add in the lavender buds and whisk.
- Remove from heat and allow it to cool.
- Strain the mixture to separate the lavender buds from the syrup.
- Add the mixture to your airtight container and store in the refrigerator. Offer the leftover buds to your household Fae to invite love and harmony into your home.
As far as how to use your syrup, here is a list of foods and beverages you can add it to:
- Whipped cream
- Cake batter
- Over pancakes or waffles
- Ice Cream
And always remember to leave out a small serving to your house Fae! They will gleefully return abundant blessings!